|2||mini pumpkins (or 2+ cups of pumpkin puree)|
|2 cups||vegetable broth|
|1 cup||coconut milk|
|2 tbsp||maple syrup|
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut off the tops of the pumpkins, then halve them. Scrape out seeds and strings.
3. Brush the flesh with oil, then place face down on baking sheet. Bake 45-50 minutes, until softened. Remove from oven, let cool, then peel away skin and set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, including pumpkin. Simmer.
5. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree. Pour mixture into pot.
6. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot!