|1250 ml||(5 cups) mashed strawberries|
|1750 ml||(7 cups) granulated sugar|
|60 ml||(4 tbsp) lemon juice|
|57 g||(1 pack) BERNARDIN original fruit pectin|
- Place 6 clean Mason jars on the rests of a pot of boiling water. Cover and heat (82 ºC/180 ºF). Heat up the SNAP LID® sealing lids in non-boiling hot water (82 ºC/180 ºF). Keep the jars and lids warm until used.
- Clean, trim and mash the strawberries, one layer at a time until you have 1.24 liters (5 cups). Measure the sugar and keep aside.
- In a large stainless-steel pan, mix the strawberries and lemon juice. Add 2ml (1/2 tss) of butter or margarine to reduce air bubbles. With a whisk, incorporate BERNARDIN original fruit pectin until dissolved.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil. Add the sugar. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour the jam into the jars until there is only 0.5 cm left at the top. With a nonmetal utensil, remove the air bubbles. Add lid and make sure sealed tight. Put the jar back in the pot.
- Once the pot is full, ensure the jars are covered by at least 2.5 cm of water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. At an altitude of 350 m (1000 pi) or less, boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lids from the mason jars and let cool down for 24 hours.
- Once cold, ensure the jars are sealed tight. Add stickers to your jars and keep in a clean and warm area. For the highest quality, only consume the following year.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like