Easter cupcakes with mini eggs
|For the chocolate cupcakes|
|200 g ||butter (room temperature)|
|200 g ||caster sugar|
|165 g ||self raising flour|
|35 g ||cocoa powder|
|4 ||large eggs|
|2 tbs ||milk (whole or semi-skimmed)|
|For the vanilla buttercream|
|250 g ||butter (room temperature)|
|500 g|| icing sugar|
|1 tsp ||vanilla|
|2-3 drops ||pastel food colour|
|1 pack ||Mini Eggs|
- Preheat oven to 140ºF, or 160 conventional. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and eggs and mix until combined.
- Add milk and mix to loosen cake mixture.
- Add cake mix to each cupcake case and bake until cakes spring back to the touch (approximately 25 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool. Once cooled, remove from the tin and leave to cool completely, on a wire rack if you have one.
- Beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla together until combined. Continue to beat until the buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Add a couple of drops of pastel concentrated food colour and mix.
- Once completely cool, use a knife to cut out a section from the middle of each cupcake and use a piping bag to fill the centre with pastel vanilla buttercream.
- Cut the end from a disposable piping bag and fill with pastel buttercream. Pipe a large blob of buttercream onto each cupcake.
- The final touch is to sprinkle with cocoa powder and add a few Mini Eggs to the top of each cupcake.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like