Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
|1 pound||ground beef|
|1 pound||ground pork|
|¼ cup||onion (minced)|
|2 cloves||garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp||parsley (chopped)|
|1 cup||Italian breadcrumbs|
|½ cup||parmesan cheese (grated)|
|salt and pepper|
|2 cans (24 ounce)||crushed tomatoes|
|1 can (6 ounce)||tomato paste|
|½ tsp||crushed red pepper flakes|
|½ tsp||Italian seasoning|
|basil for serving (optional)|
|parmesan cheese for serving (optional)|
- Add the beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form into 1 or 2 inch meatballs (should be able to make 24)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Broil meatballs on high until browned on each side (approximately 4-5 minutes on each side)
- Add meatballs to your slow cooker.
- Top with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with basil or parmesan (optional).
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like