|1 1/2 cups||all purpose flour|
|1+ tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|3/4 cup||vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup||packed brown sugar|
|1 1/2 cups||icing sugar|
|1 tbsp||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle position. Line a 12 muffin tray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Beat in oil, eggs, vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Scoop the batter into the molds.
- Bake ~25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing: In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add milk. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Sift together cocoa and icing sugar. Blend into butter mixture and add vanilla. If consistency is too stiff, add more milk.
- Spread icing quickly over cooled cupcakes.
- Add a toothpick with a mortarboard to each cupcake.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like