|1 package||instant yeast (2 1/4 tsp)|
|1 cup||unsweetened almond milk|
|3 cups||all purpose flour|
|1 tbsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup + 1 tbsp||cane sugar|
|Cream Cheese Frosting|
|4 tbsp||butter, softened|
|2 1/2 cups||powdered sugar|
|4 oz||cream cheese|
- In a large sauce pan, heat the almond milk and 3 tbsp butter until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool, it should be warm.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes, then add 1 tbsp sugar and the salt and stir.
- Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Do not overmix. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with canola oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush with 3 tbsp melted butter and top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 - 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1.5 - 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8" square pan (you should have about 10 rolls). Brush with remaining 2 tbsp melted butter and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 350F.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Beat together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and continue beating. Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like