|1 pound (2-1/3 cups)||dry beans|
|water for soaking and precooking|
|¼ cup||pure maple syrup|
|⅓ cup||brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons||tomato paste (or ketchup)|
|2 teaspoons||dry mustard|
|3 cups||hot water (for cooking)|
- Rinse and sort the beans.
- Place the beans in a large bowl.
- Fill with water in order to submerge the beans by at least two inches of water.
- Soak overnight (8-12 hours).
Prepare maple baked beans
- The next day, transfer the drained and rinsed again beans to a large pot.
- Re-fill with water and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and rinse again.
- Preheat oven to 225 F.
- Once again, transfer the precooked beans in your dutch oven or a large oven proof pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook for approximately 6 hours.
- Remove the lid the last 30 minutes or so in order to obtain a nice golden color. As with the slow cooker method, if the beans appear dry, make sure to add a little water.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like