|1 cup||white sugar|
|1 cup||whole milk|
|1 can (14 oz)||sweetened condensed milk|
|1/4 cup||freshly squeezed orange juice|
|1 tbsp||grated orange peel|
|1 tbsp||vanilla extract|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
- Melt sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. It should turn a golden colour, about 10 minutes. Carefully pour the sugar syrup into a flan mold. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pour whole milk, condensed milk, eggs, yolks, orange juice, orange peel, vanilla and cornstarch into blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in cream and pulse to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture over the syrup in the flan mold.
- Place the flan mold inside a roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with boiling water until halfway up the sides of the flan mold. Bake in the centre of the oven until flan is set, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let the flan cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. To serve, use a paring knife to separate the flan from the mold. Invert the mold on a plate and gently remove the mold.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like