1 hour 30 minutes(Cooking)
Old Fashioned Gingerbread Recipe
|1/2 cup||white sugar|
|2 1/2 cups||all purpose flour|
|1 1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||ground ginger|
|1 cup||hot water|
|sliced almonds, for garnish|
|cinnamon, to sprinkle for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter with the sugar.
- Beat in the egg. Mix in molasses.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Stir in the hot water.
- Pour into pan and bake 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds and ground cinnamon on top and serve.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like