Mushroom Tofu Potstickers Recipe
|3 cups||cabbage, shredded on large holes of box grater|
|8 oz||tofu (any firmness), crumbled|
|4 oz||fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, chopped|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely minced|
|2 tsp||fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tbsp||fresh basil, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||soy sauce|
|1 tsp||cornstarch + 1/4 cup cool water|
|3 tbsp||cooking oil, or more if needed|
- In a large mixing bowl, add cabbage, tofu, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, basil and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Prepare the cornstarch slurry: whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- To wrap: Place a potstickers wrapper flat in one hand. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the potstickers filling mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Dip a finger in the slurry mixture and paint along the outside of the wrapper. Fold over to a half-moon shape. Pinch along the outside of the wrapper to close the wrapper completely around the mixture.. Repeat until all potstickers are filled and closed.
- Lay folded potstickers in a single layer. Cover with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.
- When ready to cook, in a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add potstickers in a single layer along the bottom of the pan. Cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and brown the other side equally.
- Using the pan cover as a shield from splattering, add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and cover immediately. Steam potstickers for 3-4 minutes. Uncover skillet, almost all of the water has evaporated. Remove potstickers, then wipe pan dry with towel and repeat for remaining batches.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like