Lentil, Bonito Tuna and Sherried Rice Salad Recipe
|500ml||fish (or vegetable) stock|
|1 large||bay leaf, bruised|
|8 tbsp||(120ml) olive oil|
|1/2 cup||shallot, finely chopped (about 3 shallots)|
|2 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|2 tbsp||sherry vinegar|
|2 medium||tomatoes, halved and grated (leaving the skin)|
|1||lentils, rinsed and drained|
|250g||white tuna in olive oil, drained and separated into large flaked|
|1 cup||cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into a 1 cm / 1/2” dice (most of a medium cucumber)|
|100g||baby spinach leaves|
|basil leaves to garnish|
- In a small saucepan, heat the stock, sherry, oregano, and bay leaf to just below simmering; check for salt.
- In a second saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of the olive over a medium heat; add the shallot and cook for a few minutes until the shallot starts to soften; add the rice and garlic, stirring well to coat with oil.
- Stir in the stock, bring to a simmer, cover and cook, without further stirring, over a very low setting until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and leave covered for a further 5 minutes; transfer the rice to a salad bowl, remove the bay leaf and stir lightly with a fork.
- Whisk together the remaining olive oil, vinegar, and grated tomato; season with salt and several grinds of black pepper.
- When the rice has cooled stir in the lentils, cucumber and dressing, combining well; gently fold in the tuna flakes.
- On each salad plate, place a bed of the spinach leaves then the rice salad.
- Garnish with torn basil leaves.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like