Kofta Meatballs with Sweet and Sour Cherry Sauce Recipe
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||shallot, chopped (or 2 tablespoons diced red onion)|
|1 cup||dried cherries|
|1 tbsp||fresh mint, minced|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1 lb||ground lamb|
|1/4 cup||sparkling water|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||fresh parsley, minced|
|3 tbsp||olive oil|
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and shallot and saute until tender.
- Add the cherries, honey, lemon juice, water and cinnamon and bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the mint.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground lamb, sparkling water, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, salt and pepper. Mix lightly to incorporate all ingredients. Form mixture into small meatballs.
- In a large frying pan over medium high, add olive oil. Add meatballs and fry, turning often to brown all over, about 5-7 minutes. Cook meatballs in batches if your pan is too small.
- After browning all the meatballs, place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 minutes to cook through.
- Drizzle with the cherry sauce just before serving.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like