Judion and Saffron Soup Recipe
|3 tbsp||(45ml) olive oil|
|1/4 cup||shallots (1-2 small shallots), finely chopped|
|1/4 cup||celery (about 1 stick), finely chopped|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||sherry vinegar|
|500ml||chicken (or vegetable) stock|
|2 Jars||judion beans, rinsed and drained|
- Grind the saffron to a powder in mortar and pestle; stir in 150ml water at approx. 65°C (from a kettle a few minutes after boiling).
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and soften the shallots, celery and garlic.
- Add the saffron and its liquid, sherry vinegar, oregano, black pepper and stock; bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes; combine with the judion beans and puree with a liquidiser or food processor.
- Bring the soup to a gentle simmer and add salt as needed.
- Garnish with a light dusting of pimentón when serving.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like