All-Purpose Flakey Pie Crust Recipe
1 pie crust
|1 1/3 cups||all-purpose flour|
|6 tbsp||(3/4 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|2 tbsp||solid vegetable shortening, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|3 tbsp||(or more) ice water|
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in processor.
- Add butter and shortening. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Process just until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill until dough is firm enough to roll out, about 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 12-inch round. Transfer dough to 9" diameter glass pie dish. Fold overhang under. Crimp edges decoratively. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like