1 heure 10 minutes(Cooking)
Creamy Rice with Morcilla Ibérica and Butternut Squash Recipe
|400g||butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm dice|
|3 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||Señorío Morcilla Ibérica|
|1 medium||onion, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|75g||dried apricots, cut into strips|
|2 cloves||garlic, thinly sliced|
|fresh mint leaves, for garnish|
- Heat the oven to 220°C; line a roasting tray with foil.
- Toss the diced squash in 1 tbsp olive oil and the sugar to coat; spread coated squash out on the roasting tray; roast until the squash begins to go colour on the edges, about 15 minutes; put to one side.
- Meanwhile, take the morcilla, from the fridge, remove the casing and cut with a sharp thin knife into thin slices, about 5mm; set aside.
- Heat the stock and sherry to a low simmer.
- In a saucepan, cook the onion and spices in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until just softened, about 5 minutes; stir in the rice to coat, followed by the apricots and garlic.
- Stir in the stock, one ladle at a time, and simmer until most of the stock has been absorbed, abuout 18 - 20 minutes; taste for seasoning.
- Gently stir in the crème fraiche, fold in the morcilla and the squash and cook gently for a further few minutes; the rice should be moist and creamy, rather than firm.
- Switch of the heat and leave for a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like