|2 cups||fresh pineapple, divided|
|1 knob||fresh ginger|
|1/2 cup||soy sauce|
|3 tbsp||brown sugar|
|1/2 tsp||sesame oil|
|1 sprig||fresh mint (or basil)|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|4 filets||salmon (4-6 oz each)|
Sauce & Garnish
- In a blender, add just 1 cup of the pineapple, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and puree until smooth.
- Dice the remaining pineapple. Mince the fresh mint or basil. Combine these two ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté or frying pan over medium high heat and swirl in the olive oil. When hot, add the salmon filets.
- Cook each side of the salmon for approximately 2-3 minutes or until there is a nice crust but the inside is still just barely raw.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce into the pan and simmer for one minute, spooning the hot mixture all over the salmon.
- Top with the fresh diced pineapple and mint. Serve immediately.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like