Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting Recipe
|1 box||Devil’s Food cake mix + ingredients needed to make the cake according to package instructions|
|1 cup||strong coffee, cooled|
|16oz||cream cheese, at room temperature|
|3/4 lb||(3 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 tsp||coconut extract|
|1 1/2 lb||powdered sugar, sifted|
|¾ cup||shredded coconut|
- Before mixing cake batter, replace one cup of the water called for in the cake mix instructions with the coffee.
- Mix the cake batter according to package instructions. Pour batter into a cupcake pan and bake as directed; allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the coconut onto a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 2 minutes, check and toss the coconut then bake another 2 minutes, or until all the coconut is slightly toasted.
- To make the frosting, use a stand or hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and coconut extracts. For this, medium-low speed is best; beat for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar while the mixer is on low and mix until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like