Chinese Beef Broccoli Recipe
|1/2 lb||flank (or sirloin) steak|
|1 1/2 tsp||soy sauce|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1 lb||broccoli, cut into bite-size florets|
|1 tbsp||high-heat cooking oil (canola, vegetable, rice)|
|1 clove||garlic, finely minced|
|1 tsp||grated fresh ginger|
|3 tbsp||oyster sauce|
|2 tsp||Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)|
|2 tsp||Chinese black vinegar (or young balsamic vinegar)|
- Slice the flank steak across the grain.
- In a bowl, combine the beef with the soy sauce, cornstarch and black pepper. Marinate steak for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the Sauce.
- In a wok or large saute pan, add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and cover to steam for 3 minutes. The broccoli should be bright green, crisp tender and you should be able to pierce the stem with a fork. Drain.
- Discard the water in the wok and dry the pan well. Set the pan over high heat, swirl in the cooking oil. When the wok is hot, add the marinated beef, use your tongs to spread the beef out all over the surface of the wok in one layer. Let beef cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, until nicely browned. Flip the beef, again spread the beef out over the wok and brown the other side.
- Push the beef aside and add in the garlic and ginger. Stir fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Then mix together with the beef.
- Pour in the Sauce and stir to combine. Simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 seconds. Add the cooked broccoli back into the wok and toss to coat well.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like