|4 cups||poached chicken (recipe below), diced|
|1 stalk||celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|4||scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (or 1/4 cup sweet onion cut into 1/4-inch dice)|
|1 1/2 tsp||fresh tarragon, finely chopped (or fresh dill)|
|2 tbsp||parsley, finely chopped|
|1 cup||prepared or homemade mayonnaise|
|2 tsp||strained freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|2 tsp||kosher salt|
|freshly ground black pepper|
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions and herbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving options: on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes, in half an avocado or in a chicken club sandwich made with artisanal bread, crispy smoked bacon, vine-ripened tomatoes and lettuce.
- Put the parsley, thyme, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken breasts in a medium saucepan. Cover with the broth, and bring just to a boil. Lower the heat to very low and cover. Poach the chicken for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, cool the chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and reserve the liquid. Bone and skin the chicken and cut the meat into 1 inch cubes. Discard the bones and skin.
- Strain the broth and store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for later use. Remove any fat from the surface of the broth before using. Yield: 4 cups cubed chicken or 4 to 6 servings
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like