Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
|1 1/2 tsp||rosemary leaves|
|1 1/2 tsp||thyme leaves|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|4 tsp||butter, divided|
|8 oz||mushrooms, sliced|
|1 cup||carrots, sliced|
|4 cups||reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 1/2 cups||frozen pearl onions|
|1 lb||boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 cup||frozen peas|
|8 slices||thin bread|
- Mix rosemary, thyme and garlic powder in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, carrots and remaining seasoning mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from saucepan. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 teaspoons butter in saucepan on medium heat, stirring to release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Gradually stir in broth until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable mixture, chicken, pearl onions and peas; simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bread into rounds with 3-inch cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush bread with oil and sprinkle with reserved seasoning mixture. Bake 10 minutes or until toasted.
- To serve soup, ladle into soup bowls and top each with 1 crouton.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like