8 hours 35 minutes(Cooking)
Salt Cod with Potatoes over Rice Recipe
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 large||russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice|
|1||bell pepper, diced|
|1 stalk||celery, diced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp||tomato paste|
|2 cups||rice grains + water to cook|
|1 tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 lb||salt cod (bacalao), soaked overnight|
- The night before, cover the bacalao with cool water and refrigerate.
- Drain the bacalao, rinse with fresh water. Cut into 1" pieces.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat with the olive oil. When hot, add the potatoes and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and add in the cod. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir in the parsley.
- In the meantime, cook the rice according to package instructions. Serve the stew over rice.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like