4 sandwiches (16 pintxos)
Artichoke Piquillo and Olive Sandwich Recipe
Delicacy in a sandwich.
|2 tbsp||Arbequina olive oil|
|2 tsp||aged balsamic vinegar|
|12||Brindisa Empeltre olives, pitted and very finely chopped|
|1 tsp||capers, rinsed, drained and very finely chopped|
|1/2 tsp||Catalan oregano|
|1/2 jar||El Navarrico artichokes, drained|
|1/2 jar||El Navarrico alubias beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 tsp||lemon juice|
|1/2 tsp||sea salt|
|4-5 grinds||black pepper|
|4||Piquillo peppers, cut into strips|
|basil leaves to top|
|8 slices||firm white bread such as ciabatta or sour dough, or 20 rounds of baguette for pintxos|
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, olives, capers, oregano and lemon zest, blending well.
- Cut half the artichokes into 1/6ths (top to bottom - through the base); coarsely chop the remaining artichokes.
- Mash the beans with the lemon juice, salt and pepper ; add the chopped artichokes and mix well.
- Build the sandwich
- black olive dressing
- bean and artichoke mixture
- artichokes pieces and pepper strips
- a layer of basil leaves
- a touch more dressing
- Press the top slice down well.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like