Vegetable Cutlets Recipe
|4||onions, finely chopped|
|2 1/2 tsp||ginger, finely chopped|
|2 1/2 tsp||garlic, finely chopped|
|1/2 tsp||turmeric powder|
|2 tsp||coriander powder|
|1/2 tsp||fennel powder|
|1 tsp||garam masala|
|1-1.5 tsp||pepper powder|
|4.5-5 cups||vegetables, chopped|
|2-3 tbsp||coriander leaves, chopped|
|1/2 cup||semolina (optional)|
|3-4 tbsp||plain flour|
- Boil and mash the potatoes. Let cool completely.
- Microwave the chopped veggies at 100 % power for 4-5 minutes. You can steam it on stove top also, instead of using microwave.
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes soft and starts browning.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic,green chilli and curry leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the raw smell goes.
- Add all the masala powders and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked veggies and salt, mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Combine and continue to cook for 5 more minutes on low flame.
- Let the veggie mixture cool completely.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the veggie mixture and mixwell. Make sure there are no lumps. Shape the mixture as per your liking.
- Make a medium thick paste with plain flour and water.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and semolina (if using).
- Dip the shaped cutlets in this batter and roll in bread crumbs.
- At this stage the cutlets are ready to freeze. You can store it in a ziploc bag and freeze it for 1-2 months. Keep the frozen cutlets at room temp for 30-45 mins before frying.
- To fry the cutlets, heat oil in a pan on medium – high flame. When the oil is really hot (not smoking) add the cutlets and fry it until golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Vegetables: carrots, beans, cabbage, beetroot
- If you do not mind using eggs: make batter with 2 egg whites and plain flour to coat the cutlets
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like