12 small quiche
Mushroom Pepperoni Quiche Recipe
|100g||unsalted butter, cold, cut in cubes|
|1/4 tsp||baking powder|
|3-4 tbsp||ice cold water|
|3/4 cup||pepperoni, sliced (optional)|
|3 tbsp||spring onions, chopped (optional)|
|~1/2 tsp||pepper powder|
|100-125g||cheese (mozzarella or cheddar), grated|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 10 mins before baking.
- Mix together flour, salt (if using) and baking powder.
- Rub in cold butter cubes until the whole mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add ice cold water gradually and make a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 20-25 mins.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan and saute chopped onions.
- When onions turn brown, add salt and pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms and chopped spring onion. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till its done. Dont forget to give a stir in between to avoid sticking it to the bottom of the pan.
- Add pepperoni, if desired, and cook for another couple minutes
- Combine lightly beaten eggs, milk and cheese.
- Grease the quiche/tart tins with butter. Roll out the refrigerated dough depending on the size of the tin you are using. Transfer the rolled out dough to the tin and trim the edges, if required. Prick the base all over with a fork.
- Spread the mushroom filling in the tart tin and pour the egg, cheese and milk mixture on top of it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins. The baking time may vary depending on the size of the tin used.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like