Mini Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
2 hours 25 minutes(Cooking)
15 mini rolls
|1 1/2 cups||plain flour|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 tbsp||butter, melted|
|1/2 tbsp||cinnamon powder|
|3-4 tbsp||brown sugar|
|1/2 cup||icing sugar|
|~1 tbsp||butter, melted|
|1/8 tsp||vanilla essence|
|~1 tbsp||water (or milk)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||brown sugar|
- Preheat the oven @ 180 C for 10 mins, before baking.
- Mix together salt, flour, yeast & sugar. Heat milk, water and butter till the butter melts.
- Add dry ingredients and beaten egg to the wet ingredients. Mix together to make dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead it for a few minutes, until you get smooth dough (without stickiness).
- Transfer the dough to an oiled vessel and cover it with a cling film. Let it rest until the dough doubles (about 1.5-2 hrs).
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
- Punch down the risen dough and roll it out into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Smear the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mix evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough up into a log starting at the long side. Press together the edges to seal it.
- Depending on the size you want (mini or medium size rolls), cut the dough using a serrated knife.
- Place the rolls cut side down into a greased baking pan. Cover, and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for around 20-25 mins. Meanwhile make the icing by mixing together all ingredients listed under 'frosting'.
- Allow the baked rolls to cool for 10 mins and spread the frosting over the baked rolls. Top it with candied walnuts.
- Make candied walnuts, melt the sugar with 1 tsp of water. When it melts, add the chopped walnuts & mix well. Make sure the walnuts are coated with melted sugar. Spread it on al.foil & let it cool. Break it into small pieces.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like