Melting Creamy Camembert Recipe
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||small onion, finely sliced|
|1/2||lemon, zest only|
|2||dried prunes, finely chopped|
|1||camembert, room temperature|
- Firstly preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Heat half the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions with the cumin seeds until golden brown and caramelised.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon thyme, dried prunes and dried apricots.
- Remove the camembert from its plastic wrapping and cut in half horizontally so you can put the filling in the middle like a sandwich.
- Stuff the caramelised oniony fruity filling in between the two halves and put the camembert back in the box it came in.
- Score the top and drizzle the remaining olive oil over it and sprinkle with a little more lemon thyme.
- Wrap a little foil around the base of the box in case it leaks (which it almost certainly will if the box is glued instead of stapled together). Place the lid back on and put on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and serve while warm and the cheese is gooey.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like