|50g||plain dark chocolate, broken into squares|
|1 tbsp||cocoa powder, sifted|
- Preheat the oven to 180C 10 minutes before baking.
- Put chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of very hot water. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove and let cool, without allowing it to start resetting.
- Meanwhile, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add beaten eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold with a metal spoon. Divide the mixture by half in two separate bowls.
- Gently fold the cocoa powder and chocolate into one half of the mixture.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of each cake mixture into the prepared tin, alternating between the white and chocolate mixtures.
- Briefly swirl the colours together with a knife to give a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like