Beef Masala Recipe
Cuisine: South Indian
|1/2 kg||beef, cleaned|
|0,5-1 tbsp||chili powder|
|0.5-1 tbsp||coriander powder|
|1/2 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1 tsp||pepper powder|
|1/4 tsp||fennel seeds|
|0.25-0.5 cup||coconut bits|
|1/4 tsp||turmeric powder|
|2.5 tbsp||small onion, sliced|
- Grind together chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder (1/2 tsp), pepper powder, cloves, cinnamon, fenugreek, small onion (3) and garlic with 2-3 tbsp water to a smooth paste.
- Add ¼ turmeric powder and a pinch of salt to coconut bits and fry it. Keep it aside.
- Add the ground paste, fried coconut bits, salt and 1.5 cups water to cleaned beef. Mix well using your hands. Pressure cook until it's done.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add sliced small onion (2.5 tbsp) and fry till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and cooked beef. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the reserved gravy gradually, bring to a boil. Reduce flame and cook until the gravy has thickened and oil starts appearing on top.
- Let the curry rests for half an hour or so, for the flavour to settle in.
- The consistency of the curry is semi dry. But you can adjust the quantity of gravy to suit your preferences.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like
You have successfully saved a sale!
This gives you one entry into our
Save it to WIN Giveaway
Don't show again