Beef Masala Recipe
Cuisine: South Indian
|1/2 kg||beef, cleaned|
|0,5-1 tbsp||chili powder|
|0.5-1 tbsp||coriander powder|
|1/2 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1 tsp||pepper powder|
|1/4 tsp||fennel seeds|
|0.25-0.5 cup||coconut bits|
|1/4 tsp||turmeric powder|
|2.5 tbsp||small onion, sliced|
- Grind together chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder (1/2 tsp), pepper powder, cloves, cinnamon, fenugreek, small onion (3) and garlic with 2-3 tbsp water to a smooth paste.
- Add ¼ turmeric powder and a pinch of salt to coconut bits and fry it. Keep it aside.
- Add the ground paste, fried coconut bits, salt and 1.5 cups water to cleaned beef. Mix well using your hands. Pressure cook until it's done.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add sliced small onion (2.5 tbsp) and fry till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and cooked beef. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the reserved gravy gradually, bring to a boil. Reduce flame and cook until the gravy has thickened and oil starts appearing on top.
- Let the curry rests for half an hour or so, for the flavour to settle in.
- The consistency of the curry is semi dry. But you can adjust the quantity of gravy to suit your preferences.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like