12 large cupcakes
Hummingbird Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
|80g||unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tbsp||baking powder|
|240mL||whole milk, at room temperature|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla essence|
|2||large eggs, at room temperature|
- Preheat oven to 180C, for 10 minutes, before baking. Line a cupcake tin, with cupcake liners.
- Using an electric whisk (use paddle attachment, if using stand mixer), slowly beat together the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt until the ingredients are well mixed in and resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix together milk, essence and eggs by hand in a jug. With the whisk or mixer still on a low speed, pour three-quarters of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the rest of the milk mixture and beat again, now on a medium speed, until you get a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake cases, up to about two-thirds full. Place in the preheated oven and bake for around 18-20 minutes or until the sponge feels springy when you touch them.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes. After that remove the cupcake from the tin and let it cool completely.
- You can frost it with vanilla butter cream frosting/cream cheese frosting/chocolate butter cream frosting.
NB: double the quantities to make a 3" x 8" layered cake
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like