Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce Recipe
2 hours 20 minutes(Cooking)
|500g||boneless chicken, bite-size pieces|
|2 tsp||red chili powder|
|2.5 tsp||brown sugar|
|2||fresh red chiles, seeded and thinly sliced|
|4 tbsp||thick coconut milk|
|1.5 tsp||soy sauce|
|1.5 tsp||ginger, grated|
|1.5 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1.5 tsp||coriander powder|
|1/4 cup||roasted salted peanuts|
|1/2 tsp||chili powder|
|1 tsp||coriander powder|
|2 tsp||garlic, grated/crushed|
|1.5 tsp||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||soy sauce|
|1 cup||medium thick-thick coconut milk|
|6||bamboo skewers, soaked in water|
- Mix all the ingredients listed under marination well, in a bowl.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces to the marinade, mix very well. Leave aside for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Thread marinated chicken pieces onto oiled wooden skewers. Do not leave any space between each piece while threading them. Leave behind the marinade.
- Cook in preheated grill at 230 C, for 10-11 minutes, turning them once in between and basting them with the remaining marinade.
- Alternately, heat a non stick flat tawa, grease it lightly with a few drops of oil and place skewered chicken, a few at a time. Cook on high heat, turning them frequently. Cook until the chicken is done.
Peanut sauce preparation:
- Grind peanuts with salt to a rough powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Add crushed garlic. saute till it starts to change colour.
- Add onion and cook till soft. reduce heat.
- Add chilli, corander and cumin powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add half cup coconut milk. Boil, stirring.
- Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring continously.
- Add crushed peanuts, ½ tsp sugar, 1.5 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp soya sauce and remaining coconut milk. Boil. simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Serve sauce with satay.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like