Moist Carrot Cupcake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
|200g||all purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|3||eggs, at room temperature|
|1||orange rind, finely grated|
|1 tbsp||orange juice|
- Preheat oven to 175 C, 10 mins before baking. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a large bowl.
- Stir in the brown sugar and mix together.
- Lightly whisk the oil and eggs together, then gradually stir into the flour and sugar mixture. Stir well.
- Add the carrots and walnuts. Mix thoroughly, then divide the mixture between the prepared cupcake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15- 18 mins or until light and springy to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 5 mins before turning out on to a wire rack. Reserve until cold.
- Beat together cream cheese, orange rind, orange juice and vanilla essence.
- Sift the icing sugar and stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the icing on the cupcake, once it's cooled.
- If you are baking it as a cake, you can use a 6 or 7 inch deep square tin.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like