Potatoes with Cumin Seeds (Jeera Aloo) Recipe
|450g||potatoes (2 large), cut into medium-size cubes|
|~2 tsp||ginger, crushed/grated|
|~2 tsp||garlic, crushed/grated|
|2 tsp||chili powder|
|~2.5 tsp||coriander powder|
|1/2 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1/4 tsp||pepper powder|
|1/2 tsp||garam masala|
- Boil the potatoes with salt till they are done. Make sure not to overcook them. They should retain the shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin.
- Add grated/crushed ginger and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and cook till they become golden brown in colour.
- Add the masala powders and cook till the raw smell goes, 2 - 4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with salt and sugar, mix well.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook. When tomato becomes soft, add cooked potatoes.
- Add ¼ cup hot water and combine well. Make sure the potato pieces are coated well with the masala.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice/roti.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like