Zucchini Ribbon Pasta Recipe
|3/4 lb||whole-wheat fettuccine|
|2||medium green zucchini (about 1 lb)|
|2||medium yellow zucchini (about 1 lb)|
|3 tbsp||olive oil|
|4 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|1 cup||low-sodium chicken broth|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan, grated (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp)|
|1/3 cup||finely minced parsley leaves, plus more for garnish|
|1 cup||basil leaves, thinly sliced (plus more for garnish)|
|1/2 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|1/2 tsp||fresh ground black pepper|
- In a large pasta pot, cook pasta "al dente", 1 or 2 minutes less than the package instructions call for. Drain.
- Meanwhile, slice off ends of zucchini and discard. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a mandoline, or carefully with a sharp knife, slice zucchini into very thin (about 1/8-inch) slices, trying to keep some skin on each piece for color. Stack slices and cut in half lengthwise. Set aside in large bowl.
- In the pasta pot, heat the olive oil over low-medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft and translucent but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini ribbons and 1/4 cup chicken broth, raise heat to medium-high and cook until zucchini is still somewhat firm but just cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Return pasta to pot and add remaining chicken stock; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until liquid has mostly absorbed into the pasta.
- Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and toss to combine.
- Season with salt, to taste. Serve garnished with additional parsley, basil and the remaining 2 tbsp cheese.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like