Flank Steak with Black Beans And Slaw Recipe
|1 1/4 lb||flank steak|
|3 tsp||chili powder|
|1 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|4 cups||shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 small head)|
|2 tbsp||fresh lime juice|
|4 tbsp||fresh cilantro., chopped|
|1/2||small onion, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||tomato paste|
|1 cup||low-sodium chicken broth|
|15 oz||black beans, drained and rinsed|
- Sprinkle steak with 2 tsp chili powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak; cook about 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, toss cabbage with lime juice, mayonnaise, 2 tbsp cilantro, remaining 1 tsp chili powder, and salt to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and beans and bring to a simmer.
- Coarsely mash beans with a spoon; continue cooking until slightly thickened, about 4 more minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp cilantro and salt to taste.
- Slice steak; top with the black beans and serve with slaw.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like