Honey-mustard Chicken And Apples Recipe
|8||bone-in chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)|
|freshly ground pepper|
|1||large onion, cut into large chunks|
|2||cooking apples (such as Cortland), cut into chunks|
|1 cup||low-sodium chicken broth|
|2-3 tbsp||honey mustard|
|1 1/2 tsp||unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tbsp||all purpose flour|
|1-2 tbsp||roughly chopped fresh parsley|
|2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2 to 3 more minutes, then transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tbsp of drippings.
- Add onion and apples to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Mix broth with mustard, then add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in the skillet.
- Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix butter and flour to form a paste.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken, apples and onion to plates.
- Bring the pan juices to a simmer, whisk in about half of the butter-flour mixture and boil to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Continue to cook, adding more of the butter-flour mixture as needed to make a slightly thick gravy.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like