Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe
|1||yellow onion, diced|
|3 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 tbsp||flour|
|1/2 cup||fat free milk|
|1/2 cup||evaporated milk (or 3 tbsp cream cheese)|
|2 cups||vegetable stock|
|2-3||russet potatoes, cubed|
|1/2 cup||frozen corn|
|1/2||green bell pepper, diced|
|1 stalk||celery with leaves, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Creole seasoning|
|fresh cracked pepper|
- In a large dutch oven, heat butter and add onions and garlic to sweat.
- After about 3 minutes, add the flour a bit at a time and slowly stir. Do not let the flour turn brown.
- Add a bit of the vegetable stock and stir continuously.
- Add more vegetable stock to the mixture thickens until all of the stock is added. Stir, and make sure there are not lumps.
- Add about 6 cups water and the creole seasoning. Bring this to a boil.
- Add bay leaves, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add bell pepper, corn, milk, and evaporated milk or cream cheese. Bring to a simmer and add black pepper.
- Serve with cheese or cilantro and sliced green onions.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like