Chicken Cordon Bleu with Fresh Goat Cheese Recipe
1 hour 20 minutes(Cooking)
|11 oz||goat cheese log|
|4||6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves|
|4 slices||serrano ham|
|1 tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 cup||all purpose flour|
|2 cups||vegetable oil|
- Place chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, about 1/3 of the way down the thick side, cut a deep pocket horizontally into the center of the meat about 3/4 of the way down. Be careful not to cut through to the other side. Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Season each pocket with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of ham in each pocket.
- Cut the goat cheese log in quarters. Wrap each cheese slice with ham. Place each wrapped quarter into each pocket that was made in the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast and place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using 3 shallow containers: flour in the first one, eggs and milk in the second, and breadcrumbs in the third one.
- Dredge each of the stuffed chicken breasts in flour, then egg wash and then breadcrumbs.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Split each chicken breast in half and serve
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like