1 hour 20 minutes(Cooking)
Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
|1||sweet pointed red pepper|
|2 loaves||white bread (OR pre-made breadcrumbs)|
|Grana Padano cheese|
- Preheat your oven to around 160C.
- Wash the eggplant, cut the stem off then split it in half length-wise. Using a spoon, scoop out the inside of the eggplant, leaving a small border on ALL sides so it will hold its shape when baked.
- Put the eggplant halves on a slightly oiled baking tray. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and herbs to taste.
- Chop the eggplant meat into small chunks.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes, squeeze out the seeds then chop them in to rough cubes. Sprinkle them with salt and let them sit while you prepare the rest. Drain the liquid that comes out before you cook them.
- Cut the pointed red pepper in half, clean it out, then chop thinly.
- Chop the mushrooms into rough chunks.
- In a medium saute pan, heat some olive oil and add mushrooms. Do not mix a lot or add salt, as this will make them release liquid.
- When mushrooms have browned slightly, add red peppers. Let cook.
- Add tomatoes and the eggplant meat. Season to taste.
- While the vegetables are cooking, crumble the bread into a bowl.
- Once vegetables are tender, add them to the bowl of breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Add egg and mix again.
- Fill the eggplant halves with this mixture and top it off with slices of cheese.
- Cook the eggplants in the oven until soft, around 50 minutes.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like