Wild Rice And Goat Cheese Dressing Recipe
|2 cups||wild rice|
|3/4 lb||Spanish-style chorizo, diced|
|5 tbsp||unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the dish|
|1 cup||Spanish onion, diced|
|1/2 cup||diced carrots|
|1/2 cup||diced celery|
|3 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 loaf||country-style bread (day old), cubed|
|2-4 cups||chicken stock|
|12 oz||goat cheese|
|1/2 cup||fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped|
|freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the rice, water and 1 tbsp salt in a large saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the grains open all the way, about 30 minutes. Drain well, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large high-sided saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, onions, carrots and celery and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the onion mixture, bread, goat cheese, parsley and 2 cups of the chicken stock to the rice. Mix to combine. The mixture should be quite wet; add more stock, if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a large buttered baking dish and bake, uncovered, until heated through and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like