Greek Dinner Salad Recipe
|1/2||small red onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp||red wine vinegar|
|1 cup||pepperoncini and/or kalamata olives, plus 1 tablespoon brine from the jar|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|freshly ground pepper|
|1/3 cup||extra virgin olive oil|
|2 hearts||romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise|
|1 cup||mixed fresh herbs (parsley, dill, mint and/or oregano)|
|1 pint||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2||large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks|
|1 cup||crumbled feta cheese|
|12||stuffed grape leaves (from the deli counter)|
- Soak the onion in a small bowl of ice water, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, pepperoncini or olive brine, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow stream until blended.
- Drain the onion and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the lettuce, herbs, tomatoes and cucumbers and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among bowls and top with the pepperoncini and/or olives, feta and stuffed grape leaves.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like