Walleye On A Stick Recipe
|1 cup||all purpose flour|
|1 tbsp||lemon-pepper seasoning|
|1/2 tsp||granulated garlic|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil, plus more for deep-frying|
|1/3 cup||sweet pickle relish|
|1||lemon, juice from 1/2 + lemon wedges for serving|
|freshly ground pepper|
- Whisk the flour, lemon-pepper seasoning, granulated garlic, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Whisk in 1 tbsp vegetable oil, then 1/2 to 3/4 cup ice water to make a smooth batter. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tartar sauce: whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Heat 4 to 6 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot, until deep-fry thermometer registers 375F.
- Cut the fish into 8 pieces, about 1 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Thread each piece of fish onto a long wooden skewer. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Dip the fish into the batter, turning to coat; let the excess drip off. Carefully place the fish (skewers and all) in the hot oil. Fry, turning as needed with tongs, until golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt. Serve with the tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like