Grilled Steak With Black-eyed Peas Recipe
|1||medium red onion, sliced into rings|
|1 1/2 lbs||skirt steak, patted dry|
|6 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|freshly ground pepper|
|2 bunches||baby turnips, trimmed and quartered (or 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into chunks)|
|12oz||black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed|
|2||plum tomatoes, seeded and diced|
|2 tsp||red wine vinegar|
|4 leaves||fresh basil, torn|
|1 tbsp||fresh chive, chopped|
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Grill the onion rings until charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a bowl, then brush over the meat.
- Grill the steak until slightly charred, about 3 - 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turnips and cook until fork-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the black-eyed peas and tomatoes and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the onion rings and vinegar and remove from the heat.
- Cut the steak into 3-inch-long sections along the grain, then thinly slice the meat against the grain.
- Stir basil and chives into black-eyed peas and serve with the steak.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like