2 hours 45 minutes(Cooking)
Roast Vegetable Stock Recipe
|1 whole head||garlic|
|4||carrots, cut into chunks|
|4 stalks||celery, cut into chunks|
|3||onions, cut into chunks|
|1||green pepper, quartered|
|1/3 cup||olive oil|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1/2 inch||sliver of peeled ginger|
|1 1/2 tsp||dried thyme|
|1 1/2 tsp||dried parsley|
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic.
- Arrange the garlic, carrots, celery, onion, pepper, and tomato on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven, turning every 20 minutes, until tender and browned, about 1 hour.
- Combine the water, thyme, parsley, and bay leaves in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Squeeze the head of garlic into the stock pot, and discard the outer husk.
- Place the carrots, celery, onion, pepper, and tomato in the stock pot.
- Bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Strain with a mesh linen net and cool.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like