|500g||all purpose flour|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|1/2 cup||walnuts, coarsely chopped|
|1/2 cup||apple juice|
|1 tbsp||confectioner's sugar|
- Dissolve the fresh yeast into the lukewarm water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the dissolved yeast.
- In another bowl mix the egg, the oil, the milk, the water. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in flour. Work with hands until a dough forms. Cover and let rise about 1 hour.
- Soak raisins with apple juice for 10 minutes. Dry them and combine with applesauce and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll the dough with the rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, cut in hearts (or other shapes) with a cookie cutter.
- Spoon filling by teaspoonfuls onto one heart and cover with a second one. Close well the ends with fork or your finger.
- Place the hearts on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Brush with egg white.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Brush again with the remaining egg white and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like