|5 1/4 oz||cake flour (21 tbsp)|
|1 1/2 tsp||baking powder |
|1 tsp||salt |
|6oz||sugar, divided (10 tbsp + 2 tbsp) |
|1/4 cup||water |
|1/4 cup||vegetable oil |
|1 1/2 tsp||vanilla extract |
|1/2 tsp||cream of tartar|
|5||large eggs, separated |
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Place paper cupcake liners into muffin tins and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place the egg yolks and 10 tbsp of the sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk on high for
- 5-2 minutes (until the mixture becomes pale yellow and 'ribbons' when lifted from the bowl)
- Add the water, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry goods and whisk just to combine.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl while whisking the egg whites.
- Place the egg whites and cream of tartar into a clean bowl and whisk on high using whisk attachment, until it becomes foamy.
- Decrease the speed to low and gradually add the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Increase speed to high and continue whisking until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and whisk until well combined. Add the remaining egg whites and fold in gently.
- Transfer batter into prepared muffin tins, evenly dividing the batter between the cups.
- Place muffin tins on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and allow to cool before frosting.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like