12 large cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
|2 1/2 cups||plain flour|
|1 1/4 cups||sugar|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||cocoa (non-alkalized)|
|1 1/4 cups||vegetable oil|
|25 mL||red food colouring|
|1 tsp||white vinegar|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups||sifted powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Line cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa. Set aside.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together until it combines smoothly: vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs, food colouring, vinegar, vanilla.
- Gradually sift and fold the dry ingredients mixture into the wet mixture.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners until about 3/4 way. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes (toothpick test). Let cool.
- Cream butter with an electric beater on low in a bowl until pale.
- Add cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat on high until fluffy.
- When cupcakes are cool, spread cream cheese frosting.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up the frosting.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like