Angel Food Cake With Strawberry Fondue Sauce Recipe
|12||eggs, whites only|
|1 cup||cake flour|
|1 1/2 cups||powdered sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp||cream of tartar|
|1/3 cup||warm water|
|2 - 2 1/2 cups||strawberries, finely chopped|
|1 1/4 cups||half and half cream|
|3/4 cup||powdered sugar|
|3 tbsp||half and half cream|
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With an electric mixer, whip egg whites, water, zest and cream of tartar until there are soft peaks.
- As egg whites stiffen, whisk flour with half of sugar and salt. Sift into a bowl and set aside.
- When eggs are ready, sift 1/4 of flour on top of eggs and fold in carefully with a spatula. Add remaining flour in 3 more batches.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased tube pan or angel food cake pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until cake is done. (Toothpick test)
- Cool upside down for at least 1-2 hours before cutting. Place on a cooling rack or on top of a glassanything to keep cake elevated.
- Put strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a heavy sauce pan. Cook on medium low heat for 13-15 minutes, continuously breaking up berries as they heat.
- Measure out 1 1/4 cups half and half into a separate bowl and plop a ladle of strawberries in the bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour milky strawberries back into the original pot and stir well until incorporated. Turn heat down to low.
- Stir cornstarch and vanilla into remaining half and half. Add to strawberries and continue mixing on the heat for another 3-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately in fondue pot.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like