Foccacia with canned sardines
|1 cup of hot water|
|1 CAT of instant yeast|
|1 CAT of honey|
|2 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|1 CAT of salt|
|2 tbsp of olive oil|
|3 cans of identical sardines of your choice|
|1 or 2 drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of fleur de sel for the final touch|
1. In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and honey so that the last two ingredients are well dissolved. Reserve a few moments.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt well. Make a hole in the center of the mixture and pour in the yeast mixture. With a spatula, mix everything.
3. In a large bowl, pour 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Place the dough and turn it so that the oil coats it. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for about 2 hours in a warm place in the kitchen.
4. Oil a glass or metal mold and set aside.
5. With your hands, take the bowl of dough and fold the dough back on itself a few times, turning the bowl on itself a quarter of a turn. The dough will form into a ball.
5. Still with your hands, put the dough in the glass dish and level it. Put a dish towel on it and let swell for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 F and with your fingers, prick the dough all over to make cavities. Pour the remaining olive oil over the dough. Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
7. Take out of the oven and let it rest.
8. Open cans of sardines. With clean hands, take out one sardine at a time and make them penetrate the foccacia one at a time, pressing it well. Fill the focaccia. Return to oven to grill function at 500F for 5 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Pour in olive oil and sprinkle with fleur de sel and enjoy.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like