Prep Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 70 mins(Preparation) / Prep Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 70 mins(Cooking)
Mango Pineapple Coconut Upside Down Cake
|1/3 cup (75 mL)||butter|
|2/3 cup (150 mL)||packed brown sugar|
|2 ¾ cups (675 mL)||Europe's Best® Fruit EssentialsTM Tropical|
|Fruit and Coconut blend, thawed and well drained|
|2/3 cup (150 mL)||soft butter|
|1 cup (250 mL)||granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup (50 mL)||packed brown sugar|
|1 ½ tsp (7 mL)||vanilla|
|1 ¾ cups (435 mL)||all-purpose flour|
|3/4 tsp (4 mL) each:||salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp (2 mL) each:||baking powder and baking soda|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||The Greek Gods® Traditional Plain Greek Style Yogurt|
- Fruit Topping: In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar; heat and stir until it bubbles. Pour into 9-inch (23 cm) round by 2-inch (5 cm) high cake pan. Spread drained fruit over top, in one layer. Set aside.
- Cake: In a large bowl of electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy, using a spatula to scrape down sides.
- In a medium bowl, blend together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with yogurt until smooth. Spread batter over fruit.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven (lower third) for 60 to 70 minutes, until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean and centre springs back when lightly pressed. (Cake will rise over edge of pan slightly.) Cool on rack for 5 minutes. Run knife around the edge. Place plate on top and invert cake onto plate, tapping on counter to loosen. Remove pan. Let cool to room temperature.
- Serve warm or cold with dollop of The Greek Gods® Honey Flavoured Greek Style Yogurt or ice cream.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like