20 min // Prep Time: 8 min // Cook Time: 12 min(Preparation)
4 to 6
Creamy and Colourful Veggie Macaroni
|1 pkg (340 g)||CATELLI Smart Veggie™ Macaroni|
|4 cups (1 L)||frozen California-style vegetables (carrots,|
|cauliflower and broccoli)|
|1 1/2 cups (375 mL)||light sour cream|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||sun-dried tomato pesto|
|1 cup (250 mL)||Italian shredded cheese blend (approx.)|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||chopped sun-dried tomatoes|
Need a meal solution fast? Stock up macaroni, frozen mixed veggies and a jar of pesto; you'll have dinner in 20 minutes and only one pot to clean. What could be better?
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions for al denté; add frozen vegetable blend 2 minutes before cooking is done. Drain; return to pot and set over medium-low heat.
- Stir in sour cream and pesto. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and heated through. Add shredded cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, continuing to stir until cheese is melted. Spoon into bowls and serve topped with extra cheese (if desired).
- Make your own sun-dried tomato pesto; combine 3/4 cup (175 mL) fresh basil, 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley, 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tbsp (30 mL) each grated Parmesan cheese and olive oil, 1 clove garlic, and 1 tsp (5 mL) each lemon zest and juice in a food processor or mini chop. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Replace the California vegetables with any combination of frozen vegetables you prefer.
- Stir in cubed, cooked chicken or ham for added protein.
Available sales for ingredients
Recipes you might also like